The 2021 Global Market Insights Webinar Series will have its third session on October 19 and Arlan Suderman, Chief Commodities Economist at StoneX Financial Inc. - FCM Division, will be a speaker on the topic Commodity Super-Cycle Update from 10:00AM-11:00AM. Click the link below for more information.
StoneX Financial Inc. – FCM Division is offering a six-part Basic Natural Gas Hedging Virtual Workshop, October 19-21 & 26-28. Through different levels of education — from introductory to advanced— the program will showcase how to identify and measure price risk, so participants can understand and use financial derivatives to manage that risk. Click below to see a full agenda with topics per session.
Join us for a virtual event to provide a quarterly update on the Chinese swine industry and its impact on US hog and pork pricing and production, as well as the health of the industry. Because you face important decision-making amid extreme market volatility, it’s important to gain a solid understanding of the factors impacting the markets. To help with this, the speakers will focus on:
- The completion and deliveries of the first live hog contract expiration on the Dalian Commodity Exchange.
- For over 20 years, Big Dutchman has been located in China, supplying equipment and technology to the pig and poultry industries. Through this Chinese perspective, Edison Liu will provide commentary on the ever-evolving pig production industry in China and where the industry is at in its evolution.
- A quick update and outlook on U.S. hog and pork production.
Learn to manage your market exposure amidst the uncertainty of the cotton market. Join the StoneX Financial Inc. – FCM Division’s Cotton Risk Management experts for a virtual seminar that will give you insight into the current cotton market conditions and the global market outlook. This one-day webinar will provide you with specialized risk management strategies to help manage your market exposure and risk.
Join us for a half-day, virtual Risk Management Workshop to provide strategies and applications using proven risk-management concepts including futures, basis, swaps and options to help you manage the uncertainty in the market while protecting your profit margins. The program will cover the following topics:
- The importance of price-risk management
- An overview of basis
- An introduction to hedging using practical examples
- A U.S. livestock case study
- The Australian Feeder Cattle Index
Event Start Time: 21st October, 08:30 a.m. AEDT (Sydney) | 20th October, 10 p.m. BST (UK) / 4 p.m. CDT (Chicago)
Speakers: Nick Orssich, Richard Jelinek, Adam Stout
StoneX Financial Europe S.A., Irish Branch and IFCN will host a two-day virtual event focusing on European dairy farmer margins, farm economics and risk management. Designed to introduce margin and risk and how it can be managed, as well as what it means up and downstream, this program will be split into two days with IFCN covering topics on Day 1 and StoneX on Day 2. Each session will begin at 14:00 CET (13:00 UK/Ire) and will be 3 hours in duration.
Market volatility due to changing global and domestic government policies can be hard to navigate. Learning how to manage the price risks associated with these political and environmental changes and the importance of having a daily market position report are essential. That’s why StoneX Financial Inc.’s FCM Division will host an Energy Risk Management Academy virtual event on November 9th. This program is developed for participants of all experience levels and will cover the following topics:
- A detailed introduction to Cash, Futures, Options and OTC markets and products
- An introduction to risk management applications
- An understanding of the relationships between the different markets
- Combining futures industry tools with cash contracts to enhance alternatives
- How to incorporate practical applications of critical market concepts, including hedging energy purchases
- An energy market outlook
Get an introduction to cash, futures, options and OTC market tools, as well as an understanding of market structure and the financial tools used to develop cash contracts to enhance origination. This valuable program will also cover practical applications of critical merchandising concepts, including hedging, basis, spreads, reports and cash contracts. And, to kick things off, we’ll hear from Arlan Suderman, StoneX Financial Inc. – FCM Division’s Chief Commodities Economist, on the impact of money flow and monetary policy on commodity markets. This program is offered both in-person in Kansas City and virtually.