Energy markets are subject to worldwide risks that are difficult to predict and have adverse effects on a company’s bottom line results. For over 25 years, the FCM Division of INTL FCStone Financial Inc. (IFCF) has focused its attention on helping organizations develop justifiable hedge plans to better control the price of energy. Our expertise in developing and executing risk management programs includes assistance in all facets of this process.
The FCM Division of INTL FCStone Financial Inc. energy group offers unique market insight, risk management expertise, innovative financial solutions and advisory services to address price and volatility risk. We provide companies with the solutions, tools and platforms necessary to meet budgets, stabilize input prices and purchase more competitively.
- IFCF has facilitated the development and execution of over 80risk management programs on behalf of utility and corporate customers.
- IFCF executes approximately $16 billion (notional value) in energy contracts for its clients each year.
- Combined, IFCF customers move over 2 TCF of physical natural gas each year.
- Combined, IFCF customers have an excess of 80,000 MWof electric generation.
- IFCF assists in the purchase of over 2,600,000 MWh of electricity each year on behalf of its retail customers.
- IFCF has provided expert testimony and presentations on behalf of utility risk management programs to 12 state/provincial commissions and 7 city commissions
- IFCF has been voted "Best in the U.S." by the Petroleum Marketers Association of America (PMAA) in the category of Hedging Advisors.