Specialized foreign exchange services
StoneX Pro believes in setting the industry standard for liquidity and market access solutions. We recognize that our global customer base has varied requirements and priorities, and our solutions are designed around this understanding.
Regardless of your trading objectives or your type of business, we believe that our clients deserve access to the technology and liquidity to help them optimize the outcomes of their trading.
Stay one step ahead of the ever-changing markets with interest rate hedging solutions from StoneX. We offer a variety of options for borrowers and lenders such as swaps, caps and floors, and access to our deep global liquidity.
Our proprietary FXecute global payments platform enables clients to view real-time market rates for various currencies, execute and manage orders in real-time, and view the status of their payments through an easy-to-use portal.
- Get access to live rates and execution capability in 140+ currencies across 180+ countries
- Offering a variety of user roles and provides clients with an electronic substitute for their internal approval process
- All data is consolidated in the system and can be used to generate a variety of analytical reports
- Several built-in security features to maintain the integrity of the data in the system
- Our platform can be integrated with most accounting software. FXecute allows companies to implement processes to simplify their international funding and provides a clear audit trail
Available only to our correspondents, FXePrice is an online platform automating their provision of FX rates to the StoneX Financial Ltd (SFL) trading team. It enables our partners to manage both firm and indicative rates, receive automated booking confirmations, view historical trade bookings and rates published, and manage their trader user accounts.
- Single portal for rate submission and trade booking notification
- Online platform accessible anywhere over the internet
- Secure and safe access ensured by user credential encryption
- Rate validation providing a reduction in cost and errors
- Retain records of all historical rates and trade bookings
Why choose StoneX for FX services?
Our market expertise, advanced platforms, global reach, culture of full transparency and commitment to our clients’ success all set us apart in the financial marketplace.
A century of serving our clients
#59 Fortune 500 ranking (2023)
185 countries covered
$4.4T annual trade volume
What is the foreign exchange market?
The foreign exchange market, also known as the forex market, is a global decentralized market where currencies are traded between buyers and sellers. This market is the largest and most liquid financial market in the world, with an estimated daily turnover of over $6 trillion.
The foreign exchange market operates 24 hours a day, five days a week, with trading on international currencies taking place in different financial centers around the world, such as New York, London, Tokyo, and Sydney. The market is open to individuals, corporations, banks, and governments, with participants using the market to facilitate international trade and investment, speculate on currency movements, and manage foreign exchange risk.
The exchange rates between currencies are determined by the forces of supply and demand, and are influenced by a variety of factors, such as economic data releases, central bank policy decisions, geopolitical events, and market sentiment. Forex trading can be conducted through various financial instruments, including spot transactions, futures contracts, options, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
Overall, the foreign exchange market plays a crucial role in the global economy, as it allows for the efficient exchange of currencies between different countries, facilitates international trade and investment, and provides opportunities for market participants to profit from foreign currency fluctuations.
How does forex trading work?
Forex trading involves buying and selling foreign currencies with the goal of making a profit from changes in their exchange rates. Here's a step-by-step guide to how it works:
- Choose a currency pair: As a forex trader, you buy one foreign currency and sell another at the same time. The first currency in the pair is called the base currency, while the second currency is called the quote currency. For example, if you choose to trade the EUR/USD currency pair, you are buying euros and selling U.S. dollars.
- Analyze the market: Before you make a trade, you'll need to analyze the market to determine which direction the foreign exchange rate is likely to move. Traders use a variety of tools and techniques to analyze the market, including technical analysis, fundamental analysis, and sentiment analysis.
- Place an order: Once you've decided to make a trade, you'll need to place an order with your forex broker. There are two types of orders you can use: a market order, which executes your trade at the current market price, or a limit order, which executes your trade at a specific price you set in advance.
- Monitor the trade: After you've placed your trade, you'll need to monitor it closely to see if it's going in the direction you anticipated. If the trade is going against you, you may want to consider closing it to limit your losses.
- Close the trade: When you're ready to close your trade, you'll need to place an order with your broker to sell the currency you bought or buy back the currency you sold. The difference between the price you bought or sold the currency at and the price you closed the trade at will determine your profit or loss.
It's important to note that forex trading involves a high degree of risk and is not suitable for everyone. It's important to educate yourself about the risks involved and to develop a solid trading strategy before you enter the financial markets and trade foreign currencies.
Let’s get connected
To learn more about how our customized financial solutions can help you stay one step ahead in the global markets, contact our team today.
Select your Location
If you're an existing customer, please direct any inquiries to your StoneX sales team.
Trading over-the-counter and exchange-traded derivatives is not suitable for all investors and involves substantial risk. StoneX Markets, LLC (“SXM”), a subsidiary of StoneX Group Inc., is a member of the National Futures Association and provisionally registered with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”) as a swap dealer. SXM’s products are designed only for individuals or firms who qualify under CFTC rules as an ‘Eligible Contract Participant’ (“ECP”) and who have been accepted as customers of SXM. Any recipient of this material who wishes to express an interest in trading with SXM must first prequalify as an ECP, independently determine that derivatives are suitable for them and be accepted as a customer of SXM. Trading over-the-counter (“OTC”) products or “swaps” involves substantial risk of loss. This is not an offer to buy or sell any derivative. This material does not constitute investment research and does not take into account the particular investment objectives, financial situations, or needs of individual clients or recipients of this material. You are directed to seek independent investment and tax advice in connection with derivatives trading.